Somali pirates convicted in the Seychelles
The European Naval Force (EU NAVFOR) says it welcomes the first judgment in a Seychelles piracy prosecution following the interdiction of a group of pirates by one of its warships.
In a Seychelles court this week, the eleven Somali pirates were each sentenced to six years prison.
Major General Buster Howes, operation commander of EU NAVFOR Somalia said the first conviction of pirates marked an important step in the co-operation...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Increase in wine imports
- INTERNATIONAL: Fresh orders throw crude tanker upturn into further doubt
- INTERNATIONAL: Antwerp gears up for 18,000 teu leviathans
- INTERNATIONAL: Private security company rethinks its business model
- RCL joins ANL on Asia-Australia route
- ASIA: Scrap rates prove resilient as monsoon period approaches
- ASIA: Jaya down but not out
- ASIA: Pondering the next move in the Cosco shuffle
- Port managers did not inspect or maintain mooring lines: ATSB