Svitzer, Sea Truck to dismantle West Atlas
Work has begun to remove the West Atlas drilling rig, all but destroyed by fire after the blow-out of the Montara well-head platform off north-west Australia last year.
A partnership between Svitzer Salvage Australasia and the local operation of Lagos, Nigeria-headquartered Sea Truck won the removal contract.
This will involve the cleaning and removal of debris from the rig as well as the cantilever drill floor which is extended...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Productivity Commission to review Australia’s workplace laws
- LOCAL: Workplace review – unions condemn and employers support
- LOCAL: Rena Investigation blames failure to follow passage plan guide for casualty
- LOCAL: Fair Work rules on bullying application
- INTERNATIONAL: Costa Rica approves APM Terminals construction at Limón
- INTERNATIONAL: Carrier reliability hits a 2014 high
- INTERNATIONAL: Shippers welcome container-packing code
- ASIA: Firms want to develop a non-ECA scrubber
- ASIA: North Europe rates slip nearly 10%
- ASIA: Giants come together to build Tanjung Priok terminal