Svitzer, Sea Truck to dismantle West Atlas
Work has begun to remove the West Atlas drilling rig, all but destroyed by fire after the blow-out of the Montara well-head platform off north-west Australia last year.
A partnership between Svitzer Salvage Australasia and the local operation of Lagos, Nigeria-headquartered Sea Truck won the removal contract.
This will involve the cleaning and removal of debris from the rig as well as the cantilever drill floor which is extended...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: New service to deploy seven boxships NE-Asia to A-NZ
- LOCAL: Coastal shipping case Rio Tinto v CSL Australia comes to close
- INTERNATIONAL: Two seafarers dead after ‘fight’ on Genco Challenger
- LOCAL: ACCC considers extra time for Graincorp's port access
- LOCAL: Victorian minister and shadow to debate location of second box port
- ASIA: NOL mulls sale or IPO of logistics arm
- ASIA: Thoresen Shipping scores strong growth in its third quarter
- ASIA: Maersk Line reveals Golden Week service changes
- INTERNATIONAL: Two-tier market has emerged in LNG spot market – GasLog
- INTERNATIONAL: Russia’s sanctions force box lines to send back cargo