Svitzer, Sea Truck to dismantle West Atlas
Work has begun to remove the West Atlas drilling rig, all but destroyed by fire after the blow-out of the Montara well-head platform off north-west Australia last year.
A partnership between Svitzer Salvage Australasia and the local operation of Lagos, Nigeria-headquartered Sea Truck won the removal contract.
This will involve the cleaning and removal of debris from the rig as well as the cantilever drill floor which is extended...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: New cranes for Adelaide box terminal
- LOCAL: Ship detained for un-secured cargo
- LOCAL: Austral Asia Line opens new Japanese office
- LOCAL: Pacific dry rates continue to fall
- INTERNATIONAL: Egypt to ramp up LNG imports to meet domestic energy needs
- INTERNATIONAL: Illegal weapons rental widespread, say PMSCs
- INTERNATIONAL: Report highlights growth in trade distances, CO2 and ship size
- ASIA: CSSC lands US$312m loan from Cexim to finance 18,000 teu boxships
- ASIA: HNA arm closes deal with Cronos, continuing container leasing expansion
- ASIA: Two Chinese shipping giants to scrap total of 46 vessels