BOX DETENTION: Good outcome for liner shipping – tribunal decision quashed
THE DISPUTE between China Shipping (Australia) Agency Co Pty Ltd (CSA) and DV Kelly Pty Ltd concerning container detention costs was listed for hearing before Justice Rein in the New South Wales Supreme Court on December 14, 2010 in Sydney.
Justice Rein found in favour of CSA when he held that the Consumer Trader & Tenancy Tribunal (CTTT) did not have jurisdiction to adjudicate the container detention claim brought by DV Kelly. As a result, the earlier decision of the...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Increase in wine imports
- INTERNATIONAL: Fresh orders throw crude tanker upturn into further doubt
- INTERNATIONAL: Antwerp gears up for 18,000 teu leviathans
- INTERNATIONAL: Private security company rethinks its business model
- RCL joins ANL on Asia-Australia route
- ASIA: Scrap rates prove resilient as monsoon period approaches
- ASIA: Jaya down but not out
- ASIA: Pondering the next move in the Cosco shuffle
- Port managers did not inspect or maintain mooring lines: ATSB