Revival of fortunes for Hamburg’s Hapag-Lloyd
HAMBURG’S reputation as one of the world’s great maritime cities suffered a huge knock last year when the box trades went into free fall.
Unlike other major shipping centres, such as Oslo, Piraeus or those in Asia, Hamburg is heavily focused on container shipping. Not only are many of the industry’s top containership owners based in or around the city, but two of the...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- INTERNATIONAL: Asia and Mediterranean box spot rates rise in June
- INTERNATIONAL: Maersk chief claims EU law drives box shipping volatility
- LOCAL: China-Aus lines try to stem rates freefall
- LOCAL: STX vows to serve Aus trades
- ASIA: Nixon repositions Japanese liner
- ASIA: Court clears STX Pan Ocean to enter corporate rehab
- LOCAL: Bidders announced for key Webb Dock work
- INTERNATIONAL: Class society to test ballast-water systems