MSC overtakes Maersk in box league, for now
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Co has displaced Maersk as the largest container shipping line in the world in terms of carrying capacity, according to the latest data from sister publication ci-online.
Its monthly analysis of the world container fleet saw it knock the Danish giant off its long-held number one slot by a slim margin, although CI analysis shows the Geneva-headquartered line has been closing the gap on Maersk for a...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Hodgett tells opposition leader to ‘step aside’
- OPINION: Is it tax time for internet trade?
- LOCAL: Maersk Line warns customers on phishing scam
- INTERNATIONAL: Charleston reports 13% hike in box volumes for August
- INTERNATIONAL: Eagle Bulk nets court approval for bankruptcy exit
- ASIA: Europe container rates slide again
- ASIA: BW Group seals two gas carriers at DSME
- INTERNATIONAL: Carriers turn to IT in the battle to cut costs
- ASIA: CIMC lose to reclaiming lost earnings