MSC overtakes Maersk in box league, for now
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Co has displaced Maersk as the largest container shipping line in the world in terms of carrying capacity, according to the latest data from sister publication ci-online.
Its monthly analysis of the world container fleet saw it knock the Danish giant off its long-held number one slot by a slim margin, although CI analysis shows the Geneva-headquartered line has been closing the gap on Maersk for a...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Alma and Bundaberg re-open with shallower draughts
- LOCAL: Maersk box ship grounds and refloats in Fremantle
- OPINION: Berry scandal adds another dimension to trade and compliance issues
- INTERNATIONAL: Spanish unions to suspend action during talks over port labour reforms
- ASIA: China’s Sainty Marine slides into the red
- ASIA: More than 10 missing after migrant boat capsizes off Macau
- INTERNATIONAL: Kuehne+Nagel ocean volumes continue to grow ahead of market
- INTERNATIONAL: More 18,000 teu ships planned by Maersk as orders finalised
- ASIA: ICTSI hits out at the ILWU again for Portland woes