MSC overtakes Maersk in box league, for now
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Co has displaced Maersk as the largest container shipping line in the world in terms of carrying capacity, according to the latest data from sister publication ci-online.
Its monthly analysis of the world container fleet saw it knock the Danish giant off its long-held number one slot by a slim margin, although CI analysis shows the Geneva-headquartered line has been closing the gap on Maersk for a...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- MUA v DPWA DISPUTE UPDATE: Negotiations back on; strikes suspended
- LOCAL: Perth Freight Link takes major step forward
- LOCAL: More study needed at Bonython, say environmentalists
- INTERNATIONAL: Zim unveils a more streamlined approach
- INTERNATIONAL: Deal struck to sell US LNG to Portugal
- INTERNATIONAL: Box Ships predicts an improving market for containers
- ASIA: Chinese recycling yards seek European approval
- ASIA: Beijing blames China-flagged ship more than MOL for deadly accident
- ASIA: Beijing cuts coal export tariffs