MSC overtakes Maersk in box league, for now
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Co has displaced Maersk as the largest container shipping line in the world in terms of carrying capacity, according to the latest data from sister publication ci-online.
Its monthly analysis of the world container fleet saw it knock the Danish giant off its long-held number one slot by a slim margin, although CI analysis shows the Geneva-headquartered line has been closing the gap on Maersk for a...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Customs brokers urged to tighten up procedures
- ASIA: STX Dalian hopes for capital with help from government
- INTERNATIONAL: IMO brings hope to shipowners facing ballast-water bottleneck
- INTERNATIONAL: Chinese banks ink more deals for Greek shipowners
- ASIA: East Siberia crude export levels may hit tanker owners
- OPINION: New fees may generate unintended consequences
- ASIA: Bangladesh-based pirates pose a growing threat to shipping
- INTERNATIONAL: Commerzbank eyes internal warehousing scheme
- Ice in shampoo leads to drugs arrest