Webb Dock to get a new box terminal, Premier announces
A new container terminal at Webb Dock is the main feature of a $1.2 billion redevelopment of the Port of Melbourne, which was announced this morning by the Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu and ports minister Denis Napthine.
Photo - Shutterstock
The project will also involve a significant upgrade of infrastructure at Swanson Dock. Civil works works are expected to begin at Webb Dock in about 12 months.
“With container movements in and out of Melbourne increasing in excess of 6 per...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- INTERNATIONAL: Seanergy agrees three more ship sales with its bank
- INTERNATIONAL: Second-quarter catastrophe looms for carriers
- INTERNATIONAL: Asia-Europe box rates dip into negative territory
- Proponents sought for Moorebank Intermodal Terminal
- ASIA: Indian ports tied up in red tape
- ASIA: KDB may rethink purchase of STX Pan Ocean stake
- ASIA: Japan doubles its export orders in April
- Forwarder charged with drug smuggling