Wallenius details asylum seeker rescue on Parsifal
The master of Wallenius Marine’s Singapore flagged ro-ro ship, Parsifal, has detailed its rescue operation of 67 asylum seekers 44 miles south of Java.
Credit Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
While in transit from Fremantle to Singapore on Tuesday, the ship received an emergency call from the Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC) at the Australian Maritime Safety Authority to assist a vessel in distress in international waters.
The first search...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Increase in wine imports
- INTERNATIONAL: Fresh orders throw crude tanker upturn into further doubt
- INTERNATIONAL: Antwerp gears up for 18,000 teu leviathans
- INTERNATIONAL: Private security company rethinks its business model
- RCL joins ANL on Asia-Australia route
- ASIA: Scrap rates prove resilient as monsoon period approaches
- ASIA: Jaya down but not out
- ASIA: Pondering the next move in the Cosco shuffle
- Port managers did not inspect or maintain mooring lines: ATSB