DP World “forced” to sell Adelaide terminal
Managing Director of DP World Australia Ganesh Raj says the sale of DPW’s Adelaide terminal to Flinders Ports was “not a negotiated transaction.”
"Forced" into selling its stake ... DP World Australia's managing director, Ganesh Raj. Photo - Greg Dickins
Mr Raj also confirmed that the terminal had been valued independently at $235m, meaning the 60% purchased by Flinders Ports likely cost the port operator around $141m.
Since March 2011, Flinders Ports commenced “a buy-out process to acquire DP World Australia’s...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- ASIA: Cosco Pacific plans to sell its stake in box-maker
- ASIA: Navios unveils joint venture with Japanese owner
- Ships required to change course to clear WA reef
- Targeted campaigns on shipping containers
- AMWU urges NSW government to build six new ferries locally
- INTERNATIONAL: MSC axes bunker surcharge
- INTERNATIONAL: Insurance market clashes on MLC unpaid wages clause
- INTERNATIONAL: Mexican crude boosts aframaxes
- ASIA: Wan Hai posts first-quarter net profit