Coal exports set to go from strength to strength
Demand from Asia will lift the volume of coal exported from Australia in 2012 with shipments expected to rise 11% to 164m tonnes.
Photo - Shutterstock
Xstrata’s Mangoola mine, Yancoal’s Moolarben mine (8mt) and Peabody Energy’s Wilpinjong operation expansion (extra capacity of 8mt a year) will deliver more coal in 2012, a Bureau of Resource and Energy Economics’ (BREE) report showed.
Shipments are expected to rise a...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Increase in wine imports
- INTERNATIONAL: Fresh orders throw crude tanker upturn into further doubt
- INTERNATIONAL: Antwerp gears up for 18,000 teu leviathans
- INTERNATIONAL: Private security company rethinks its business model
- RCL joins ANL on Asia-Australia route
- ASIA: Scrap rates prove resilient as monsoon period approaches
- ASIA: Jaya down but not out
- ASIA: Pondering the next move in the Cosco shuffle
- Port managers did not inspect or maintain mooring lines: ATSB