Earthquake triggers Melbourne channel bund inspection
An earthquake which hit Victoria on Tuesday evening will force the Port of Melbourne to survey some infrastructure for possible damage.
Port of Melbourne executive Steven Bradford. Photo - Port of Melbourne Corporation
Port of Melbourne chief executive Stephen Bradford told a Shipping Australia lunch that although any damage was unlikely, the quake had triggered “a channel deepening event”.
“The earthquake triggered an environmental requirement to re-survey the bund in the northern Dredged Material...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Customs brokers urged to tighten up procedures
- ASIA: STX Dalian hopes for capital with help from government
- INTERNATIONAL: IMO brings hope to shipowners facing ballast-water bottleneck
- INTERNATIONAL: Chinese banks ink more deals for Greek shipowners
- ASIA: East Siberia crude export levels may hit tanker owners
- OPINION: New fees may generate unintended consequences
- ASIA: Bangladesh-based pirates pose a growing threat to shipping
- INTERNATIONAL: Commerzbank eyes internal warehousing scheme
- Ice in shampoo leads to drugs arrest