Pallas, Napthine trade blows over Webb Dock upgrade
The Victorian Government and Opposition have traded verbal barrages over the allocation of $400m to upgrade the Webb Dock automotive terminal.
Victorian ports minister Denis Napthine. Photo - Office of Denis Napthine
Former ports minister and now Opposition ports spokesman, Tim Pallas, accused the government of allowing the Webb Dock redevelopment to “blow out” with ports minister Denis Napthine responding by saying the Opposition was guilty of failing to support jobs investment.
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- ASIA: Cosco Pacific plans to sell its stake in box-maker
- ASIA: Navios unveils joint venture with Japanese owner
- Ships required to change course to clear WA reef
- Targeted campaigns on shipping containers
- AMWU urges NSW government to build six new ferries locally
- INTERNATIONAL: MSC axes bunker surcharge
- INTERNATIONAL: Insurance market clashes on MLC unpaid wages clause
- INTERNATIONAL: Mexican crude boosts aframaxes
- ASIA: Wan Hai posts first-quarter net profit