Court upholds DP World’s right to sack fighting employee
The right of stevedore DP World to dismiss an employee for fighting has been upheld by a Fair Work Australia appeal court.
Photo - Rhiannon Zanetic
On 22 June, Fair Work Australia sat as a three-judge appeal court which overturned a previous decision of FWA judge Deputy President Sams who, sitting alone, ruled on the case of Lambley v DP World Sydney.
Deputy President Sams concluded on...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Increase in wine imports
- INTERNATIONAL: Fresh orders throw crude tanker upturn into further doubt
- INTERNATIONAL: Antwerp gears up for 18,000 teu leviathans
- INTERNATIONAL: Private security company rethinks its business model
- RCL joins ANL on Asia-Australia route
- ASIA: Scrap rates prove resilient as monsoon period approaches
- ASIA: Jaya down but not out
- ASIA: Pondering the next move in the Cosco shuffle
- Port managers did not inspect or maintain mooring lines: ATSB