Abigroup wins $76m Wiggins Island contract
QR National has awarded a $76m contract at the Wiggins Island Rail Project to Abigroup, which will perform civil works for a 13km balloon loop at the port of Gladstone.
Gladstone. Photo - Southern Cross Maritime
The Wiggins Island Rail Project (WIRP) will carry the initial 27mtpa of coal to Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET) from the southern end of the Bowen Basin.
It is the first major contract for the Wiggins Island Rail Project, which...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Customs brokers urged to tighten up procedures
- ASIA: STX Dalian hopes for capital with help from government
- INTERNATIONAL: IMO brings hope to shipowners facing ballast-water bottleneck
- INTERNATIONAL: Chinese banks ink more deals for Greek shipowners
- ASIA: East Siberia crude export levels may hit tanker owners
- OPINION: New fees may generate unintended consequences
- ASIA: Bangladesh-based pirates pose a growing threat to shipping
- INTERNATIONAL: Commerzbank eyes internal warehousing scheme
- Ice in shampoo leads to drugs arrest