New report casts shadow over Gladstone dredging
While earlier concerns over sickness in marine life in Gladstone harbour appear to have been put to rest by a positive government report, a recently released independent research paper raises some tough questions and has reopened the debate, reports Sineva Toevai
A RESEARCH report by a university lecturer has indicated that dredging is contributing to the injury and death of fish in Gladstone Harbour.
Matt Landos, who is a lecturer in aquatic animal health and production at Sydney University, recently...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- ASIA: Cosco Pacific plans to sell its stake in box-maker
- ASIA: Navios unveils joint venture with Japanese owner
- Ships required to change course to clear WA reef
- Targeted campaigns on shipping containers
- AMWU urges NSW government to build six new ferries locally
- INTERNATIONAL: MSC axes bunker surcharge
- INTERNATIONAL: Insurance market clashes on MLC unpaid wages clause
- INTERNATIONAL: Mexican crude boosts aframaxes
- ASIA: Wan Hai posts first-quarter net profit