Merchant ships help sea search and rescue efforts
Trans-Tas service container ship ANL Benalla played an important role in yesterday’s rescue of solo yachtsman Glenn Ey off the NSW coast.
Pictured: ANL Benalla; Photo - Dale E Crisp
Mr Ey set off from Sydney’s Pittwater last week to sail to Eden on the south coast but was left drifting for 16 hours after a Pacific storm snapped his boat’s mast into three pieces and caused other structural damage.
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Whitlam says cruise can work at Garden Island
- LOCAL: Unions court challenge to 'legislative instrument'
- LOCAL: Missing seafarer presumed dead
- ASIA: OOCL reports load factors up, revenues down
- INTERNATIONAL: Qatar takes control of UASC
- INTERNATIONAL: Hamburg Süd to acquire CCNI
- ASIA: Capesize market stalls despite lower iron ore prices
- INTERNATIONAL: Braemar and ACM complete merger
- ASIA: Guangzhou Shipyard extends trading suspension