Merchant ships help sea search and rescue efforts
Trans-Tas service container ship ANL Benalla played an important role in yesterday’s rescue of solo yachtsman Glenn Ey off the NSW coast.
Pictured: ANL Benalla; Photo - Dale E Crisp
Mr Ey set off from Sydney’s Pittwater last week to sail to Eden on the south coast but was left drifting for 16 hours after a Pacific storm snapped his boat’s mast into three pieces and caused other structural damage.
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- INTERNATIONAL: Maersk raises US$1.25bn in two bond offerings
- ASIA: Manila congestion is far from over, says ICTSI
- INTERNATIONAL: MSC warns of bunker surcharge
- ASIA: Vale-Cosco deal takes wind out of dry bulk stocks
- ASIA: Seaspan ponders buying partner GCI