Merchant ships help sea search and rescue efforts
Trans-Tas service container ship ANL Benalla played an important role in yesterday’s rescue of solo yachtsman Glenn Ey off the NSW coast.
Pictured: ANL Benalla; Photo - Dale E Crisp
Mr Ey set off from Sydney’s Pittwater last week to sail to Eden on the south coast but was left drifting for 16 hours after a Pacific storm snapped his boat’s mast into three pieces and caused other structural damage.
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Vale Grahame David Wright
- ASIA: China Cosco posts first-half loss but operations improve
- INTERNATIONAL: Congestion impacts ocean-carrier reliability
- ASIA: China shipbuilder reports deeper first-half loss after consolidation
- LOCAL: Exporters offered port capacity in WA
- LOCAL: Value of Australian imports rose 7% in July
- INTERNATIONAL: Ahrenkiel Steamship merger boosts MPC results
- INTERNATIONAL: CSAV joins ranks of unprofitable box lines in second-quarter
- ASIA: CSSC Holdings more than doubles its first-half profit
- LOCAL UPDATE: Vega Auriga detention decision is deferred