Patrick backs down on side-loader fee
Crisis-hit Patrick has announced that it will not now go ahead with proposals to impose a $100 charge on sideloader trucks in what appears to be a climb down forced on it by the industry.
Photo - Shutterstock
“Patrick will defer a decision on a levy and will not impose the proposed fee of $100+GST per truck visit to the terminal from October 25, 2012,” Ben Wicks, a terminal manager at Patrick Port Botany wrote on Wednesday October...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Increase in wine imports
- INTERNATIONAL: Fresh orders throw crude tanker upturn into further doubt
- INTERNATIONAL: Antwerp gears up for 18,000 teu leviathans
- INTERNATIONAL: Private security company rethinks its business model
- RCL joins ANL on Asia-Australia route
- ASIA: Scrap rates prove resilient as monsoon period approaches
- ASIA: Jaya down but not out
- ASIA: Pondering the next move in the Cosco shuffle
- Port managers did not inspect or maintain mooring lines: ATSB