Newcastle wharfie dies while stowing cargo
A man has died after being crushed by a cargo of aluminium ingots while working a general cargo vessel berthed at Carrington, Newcastle.
Photo - Shutterstock
The deceased has been identified as Greg Fitzgibbon, a 56-year-old wharfie employed by Newcastle Stevedores.
Mr Fitzgibbon was killed while working aboard the general cargo ship with container capacity, Weaver Arrow, while it was docked at the Eastern Basin Distribution Centre.
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- Increase in wine imports
- INTERNATIONAL: Fresh orders throw crude tanker upturn into further doubt
- INTERNATIONAL: Antwerp gears up for 18,000 teu leviathans
- INTERNATIONAL: Private security company rethinks its business model
- RCL joins ANL on Asia-Australia route
- ASIA: Scrap rates prove resilient as monsoon period approaches
- ASIA: Jaya down but not out
- ASIA: Pondering the next move in the Cosco shuffle
- Port managers did not inspect or maintain mooring lines: ATSB