LOCAL: Dockwise delivering next carrier
The Dockwise heavy-lift flo-flo Blue Marlin has sailed from Spain with the hull of the Royal Australian Navy’s second landing helicopter dock (LHD) ship.
Pictured: the Blue Marlin in action; Photo - Dockwise www.dockwise.com
The future HMAS Adelaide was floated onto Blue Marlin at the Navantia shipyard at Ferrol last week and after completion of sea-fastening work sailed from Vigo at 0800 local time on Wednesday.
Ship and cargo are expected to take eight weeks...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Port of Tauranga to expand with new South Island freight hub
- LOCAL: Free trade deal may axe tariffs on Aus coal shipments to China
- INTERNATIONAL: Denmark and Cyprus vie for IMO top job
- ASIA: Tianjin adds three coal berths to meet China's growing energy needs
- LOCAL: Value of Australian imports up 12% in September
- INTERNATIONAL: Panama Canal receives its first Pacific lock gate
- LOCAL: Melbourne port capacity project under way
- ASIA: Busan New Container Terminal to add 700,000 teu capacity
- INTERNATIONAL: Lloyd’s of London reappoints LOF panel
- ASIA: Strike looms at Hyundai Heavy Industries