LOCAL: Dockwise delivering next carrier
The Dockwise heavy-lift flo-flo Blue Marlin has sailed from Spain with the hull of the Royal Australian Navy’s second landing helicopter dock (LHD) ship.
Pictured: the Blue Marlin in action; Photo - Dockwise www.dockwise.com
The future HMAS Adelaide was floated onto Blue Marlin at the Navantia shipyard at Ferrol last week and after completion of sea-fastening work sailed from Vigo at 0800 local time on Wednesday.
Ship and cargo are expected to take eight weeks...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Over 600 cruise visits scheduled this year
- LOCAL: NZ inspectors find numerous deficiencies on the Vega Auriga
- LOCAL: Lyttelton Port revenue at NZ$115m
- OPINION: Freight forwarding cargo reporting reform
- ASIA: No respite for falling Europe routes box prices
- INTERNATIONAL: Commerzbank sells nine boxships to KKR and Borealis
- INTERNATIONAL: Ebola outbreak forces CMA CGM to reorganise West Africa calls
- ASIA: CSCL returns to profit in first-half 2014
- INTERNATIONAL: CMA CGM tightlipped on post-P3 plans as it posts profits
- LOCAL: Safety watchdog seeks urgent meeting after third port death