LOCAL: Dockwise delivering next carrier
The Dockwise heavy-lift flo-flo Blue Marlin has sailed from Spain with the hull of the Royal Australian Navy’s second landing helicopter dock (LHD) ship.
Pictured: the Blue Marlin in action; Photo - Dockwise www.dockwise.com
The future HMAS Adelaide was floated onto Blue Marlin at the Navantia shipyard at Ferrol last week and after completion of sea-fastening work sailed from Vigo at 0800 local time on Wednesday.
Ship and cargo are expected to take eight weeks...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: ATSB holds ship design responsible for man’s death
- LOCAL: Port of Melbourne adds new craft to boost boat safety campaign
- LOCAL: Pacific Basin in talks to sell harbour towage business
- ASIA: OOCL 2013 net profit plunges 90%
- INTERNATIONAL: UASC to order a sixth 18,000 teu containership
- INTERNATIONAL: Fejfer sets $1bn profit target for AP Moller-Maersk ports arm
- ASIA: FP Marine Risks to buy HK marine insurance broker