INTERNATIONAL: Suez Canal invites bids for logistics hub master plan
The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) has invited 14 consortia to draw up master plans to develop the international waterway as an industrial and logistics hub and has set the ambitious deadline to select the winner within three months.
The chosen consortium will then have six months to present detailed proposals for the Red Sea-Mediterranean waterway, followed by an international conference for investors in November with the aim of infrastructure work to begin as soon as 2015.
According to Reuters,...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: NT considering leasing port of Darwin
- LOCAL: New Customs chief sustains push for reform
- LOCAL: Michael Grey addresses CoMMA luncheon
- ASIA: Transpacific lines seek higher charges as congestion worsens
- INTERNATIONAL: Dredging heavyweights share Suez Canal contract
- INTERNATIONAL: Long Beach waives demurrage to ease congestion
- ASIA: Samsung Heavy Industries reports a 12% drop in operating profit
- INTERNATIONAL: High Court finds for oil pollution fund against P&I club
- ASIA: Shippers fight Hong Kong congestion charge