INTERNATIONAL: Suez Canal invites bids for logistics hub master plan
The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) has invited 14 consortia to draw up master plans to develop the international waterway as an industrial and logistics hub and has set the ambitious deadline to select the winner within three months.
The chosen consortium will then have six months to present detailed proposals for the Red Sea-Mediterranean waterway, followed by an international conference for investors in November with the aim of infrastructure work to begin as soon as 2015.
According to Reuters,...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Port of Tauranga to expand with new South Island freight hub
- LOCAL: Free trade deal may axe tariffs on Aus coal shipments to China
- INTERNATIONAL: Denmark and Cyprus vie for IMO top job
- ASIA: Tianjin adds three coal berths to meet China's growing energy needs
- LOCAL: Value of Australian imports up 12% in September
- INTERNATIONAL: Panama Canal receives its first Pacific lock gate
- LOCAL: Melbourne port capacity project under way
- ASIA: Busan New Container Terminal to add 700,000 teu capacity
- INTERNATIONAL: Lloyd’s of London reappoints LOF panel
- ASIA: Strike looms at Hyundai Heavy Industries