INTERNATIONAL: Suez Canal invites bids for logistics hub master plan
The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) has invited 14 consortia to draw up master plans to develop the international waterway as an industrial and logistics hub and has set the ambitious deadline to select the winner within three months.
The chosen consortium will then have six months to present detailed proposals for the Red Sea-Mediterranean waterway, followed by an international conference for investors in November with the aim of infrastructure work to begin as soon as 2015.
According to Reuters,...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Alma and Bundaberg re-open with shallower draughts
- LOCAL: Maersk box ship grounds and refloats in Fremantle
- OPINION: Berry scandal adds another dimension to trade and compliance issues
- INTERNATIONAL: Spanish unions to suspend action during talks over port labour reforms
- ASIA: China’s Sainty Marine slides into the red
- ASIA: More than 10 missing after migrant boat capsizes off Macau
- INTERNATIONAL: Kuehne+Nagel ocean volumes continue to grow ahead of market
- INTERNATIONAL: More 18,000 teu ships planned by Maersk as orders finalised
- ASIA: ICTSI hits out at the ILWU again for Portland woes