INTERNATIONAL: Suez Canal invites bids for logistics hub master plan
The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) has invited 14 consortia to draw up master plans to develop the international waterway as an industrial and logistics hub and has set the ambitious deadline to select the winner within three months.
The chosen consortium will then have six months to present detailed proposals for the Red Sea-Mediterranean waterway, followed by an international conference for investors in November with the aim of infrastructure work to begin as soon as 2015.
According to Reuters,...
This full article is available to Lloyd's List DCN subscribers only.
If you are already a subscriber, please sign in below.
If you're not a subscriber and would like to experience the full benefits of Lloyd's List DCN with a 14 day trial, please click here.
Alternatively, click here to subscribe.
Daily Top Stories
- LOCAL: Over 600 cruise visits scheduled this year
- LOCAL: NZ inspectors find numerous deficiencies on the Vega Auriga
- LOCAL: Lyttelton Port revenue at NZ$115m
- OPINION: Freight forwarding cargo reporting reform
- ASIA: No respite for falling Europe routes box prices
- INTERNATIONAL: Commerzbank sells nine boxships to KKR and Borealis
- INTERNATIONAL: Ebola outbreak forces CMA CGM to reorganise West Africa calls
- ASIA: CSCL returns to profit in first-half 2014
- INTERNATIONAL: CMA CGM tightlipped on post-P3 plans as it posts profits
- LOCAL: Safety watchdog seeks urgent meeting after third port death